Thursday, April 02, 2009

Why Hasn't Billy Ray Called the Cops?

Even the least pop culture savvy among us have to remember Billy Ray Cyrus of Achy Breaky Heart fame... Well, his daughter Miley Cyrus has surpassed her father and become the mega-phenom Hannah Montana.

I didn't get involved in the big dust up over her Vanity Fair picture shoot because they were pictures and I didn't find them bad (in a sexual way--though they were kinda weird in a I wouldn't take pics like that with my dad" way)

But now with pics of Miley and her alleged new beau plastered all over the internet and magazine covers...I feel I must weigh in. SHE'S 15. HE'S 20. As far as I know, that's illegal in most States. Her father should be threatening this MAN to steer clear of his little GIRL, not inviting him to hang with the family.

...And what's wrong with him that he wants to hang with a 15 year old? He's cute, he was an underwear model...I'm sure there are women his own age interested...and more interesting.

I don't normally agree with the whole "making an example out of someone" tactic, but in this case I think it's the only course of action. That is the price you pay for being idolized and a role model to millions of little girls...

No comments: