Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oh Meghan, That Was So 2004...



After the crushing blow to the Left, when Bush won his 2004 reelection bid, the MSM and the Left'o'sphere was scrambling to understand how it could have happened...and what sort of person it was that pulled that lever for the reviled Bush-Hitler-Satan-Monkey-Chimp. They had painted a picture of a Bud swilling, NASCAR watching, Bible-thumping rural rube and I did not one but two posts disputing the stereotype. Now Meghan McCain is doing the same. In a different spirit though. She is apologizing for being a Republican. In essence saying, 'I know I'm a republican, but I'm not like most of those kooks...I'm a cool Republican.'

Quite frankly Meghan, most of the Republicans I know have all the things you mentioned. You wear black? That's a Democratic trait? You have tattoos? Who doesn't? You have gay friends? Once again, is there someone that doesn't?

McCain's daughter considers herself a "Progressive Republican"...and that's where we differ. I too wear nothing but Black, I have tattoos, piercings and gay friends, BUT I am not a "progressive Republican" or a "socially liberal Republican" or a Republican in Name Only...no, more and more I'm not a Republican at all and find that I am aligning myself almost exclusively with the Libertarian Party. I didn't leave the GOP, the GOP left me.

No comments: