Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Re-Naming the GWOT


"...The (Obama) administration has stopped using the phrase and I think that speaks for itself. Obviously," Clinton told reporters traveling with her to The Hague for a conference on Afghanistan, which Bush called part of his "global war on terror."

"I have not heard it used. I have not gotten any directive about using it or not using it. It is just not being used," said Clinton when asked whether the term had been officially dropped by the Obama administration.

Clinton has said one of her main roles as top U.S. diplomat is to improve the U.S. image abroad, particularly after the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003..." (source)

I'm glad to hear this --I never liked the Phrase "Global War on Terror" because it was too flimsy and non-committal.

I think we should take this opportunity to help Secretary of State Clinton out and suggest new names for our ongoing struggle...and I'll send them along with our questions for Obama in one big email to the White House. :)

No comments: