Thursday, January 22, 2009

Would MLK Be Proud?



I'll transcribe as I am sure many of you won't be able to stomach watching 6 minutes of this...

"Jeezy (Author of the song, "My President Is Black"): "I know ya'll thanking a lot of people right now...I want to thank two people. I want to thank the motherfucker overseas that threw two shoes at George Bush, and I want to thank the motherfuckers who helped them move they shit up out the White House. Get it moving bitch! My president is motherfucking black!"

JayZ: Never thought I'd say this shit, but baby I'm good. You can keep your pussy, 'cause I don't want no more Bush. No more war, no more Iraq. No More white lies, my President is Black!"


"Good" and "Bush" rhyme?

Of course, the sentiment behind "my President is Black" is belittled a bit by the fact that in the "official" song the next line is "my lambo is blue" and then something about his rims being 22" like Hulk Hogan's arms...? (lambo as in Lamborghini)

Couple this with Obama's economic adviser Robert Reich advocating that we keep government stimulus money away from skilled workers and “white male contractors”. Michelle Malkin has the whole story.

"...when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" -Martin Luther King (source)

...None of this would seem to promote interracial hand holding, IMO.

No comments: