Friday, January 02, 2009

Obama's Apostles


I know I've blogged about this a few times, but I can't stop thinking about all the people that have been on the "Republicans should stand by the President" kick... The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. And of course it's been the most divisive people on the Left that have been espousing this new "for the good of the country" mantra.

You would think these proselytes would have changed THEIR ways, at least while they are asking us to change ours... You would be wrong.

Will Bunch (He writes a blog column for the Philadelphia Daily News called Attytood) has written a book (Complete with a Facebook group to promote it) called "Tear Down This Myth." Now aside from the fact that Will may have nicked the title from a 2007 NYT's piece is the fact that he's spent countless hours dwelling on what he perceives is the negative of a person that many, many, many people admire. BUT, I guarantee you that when all the right-wing anti-Obama books start hitting the presses the Lefties will be howling about the detriments of non-unity.

Will gets deleted from my Blogroll for this one...he has me linked in his "If You Must" section...so much for journalistic non-partisanship.

And how about this little gem from over at HuffPo:


"Vanity Fair magazine interviewed Lawrence Wilkerson, former top aide to Colin Powell, for an oral history of President Bush's two terms. In it, he described the experienced cast of characters assembled around Bush, such as Powell, Cheney, etc.:

"It allowed everybody to believe that this Sarah Palin-like president -- because, let's face it, that's what he was -- was going to be protected by this national-security elite, tested in the cauldrons of fire."

Matthew Yglesias says the comparison is an insult to Palin: "Palin's something of a laughingstock, but Bush is a villain. I mean, he wrecked the world economy ... he's a total disaster and disgrace. Palin gave bad answers in TV interviews."

Sure, Palin wasn't able to do serious national (and international) damage, but isn't it fair to say both she and Bush are cut from the same cloth? (source)


So, am I going to be as demeaning and rude to O! as they have been to Bush? Of course not. I am an adult and a mother with young children that will 100% show respect for the OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT. Something you see they never taught their children when you look at protest pics over at Zombietime (like the one pictured here)...

But will I don the facade that I actually stand with this man and have any faith in his social or economic ideals...no. There is no "being the bigger person" when it comes to my beliefs and the good of my country.


P.S. Speaking of protest pics over at Zombie's place... Can these idiots get in trouble for impersonating US Marines? What if onlookers didn't realize they were just little play-acting pinkos?

No comments: