Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Baby Hates Obama?

I know this sounds like too good of a story for a Conservative Blogger to actually be true, but I SWEAR on Ronald Reagan it is!

Our 3 month old, J-Man, finds something about Barack Obama very disturbing...disturbing enough to cry each and every time he appears on television.

He likes the colors of the TV, so when I'm getting dressed or making dinner I put on Nick Jr. for him (so he doesn't subconsciously store grizzly information from Law & order or CSI). Yesterday he was cooing and kicking his feet at Kai-lan (Dora's Chinese counterpart) when all of a sudden he started crying like he had been pinched. I looked up at the telly and low-and-behold it was a clip of Obama's inauguration on the screen. Nickelodeon played these clips intermittently throughout the day and each and every time the baby cried.

You might surmise that the chub man didn't like the interruption in the cartoon, BUT this morning he was asleep in his crib and I had on FNC on the TV, when they cut to Obama reading the text of the executive orders he woke up and started to cry. I changed the channel to the Food Network and he was back to a 44th President-free nap.

Really.

No comments: