Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Fair-weather Facebook Friend
& Facebook VS. Breastfeeding Moms

If you were my friend on Facebook and now you're not my friend on Facebook, PLEASE do not be offended or take it personally... I even removed JustRose who I've known in my real life since I was 4 because she had too many blog folks...

I am one of the organizers for my 20 year high school reunion and I need to start using my Facebook for that purpose...with real info. etc.

So, rest assured, it wasn't anything you said, did or posted.

--and--

Speaking of Facebook, have you read about the ban on breastfeeding pics (they've been deemed "Obscene")? Well, of course, I was livid when I first heard about this...maybe some of us think that since our boobs were created to feed babies that bottle feeding pictures are obscene...

So in my rage I quickly joined the group Facebook, breastfeeding is not obscene (Official petition to Facebook) and stated planning all the breastfeeding shots I could have The Man take...you know, always the rebel.

BUT, then I started looking through some of the pics that have been banned (linked on that group site) and...well, ewwww.

Breastfeeding your baby is natural and beautiful in my opinion. I breastfeed both my boys for 16 months and am currently breastfeeding the J-Man. I am not someone that will hide in another room or make my child eat under a tent. That being said, breastfeeding your big kid is a bit a lot disconcerting and I might agree with Facebook in banning the evidence...

No comments: