Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An Apology to Minnesotans

Last week I admonished Minnesotans for their seeming role in electing SNL veteran Stuart Smalley to the US Senate...but now I read that the latest poll there shows that only 34% of the people support Franken? So it would seem that I rushed to judgment against the remaining 66% of the people of Minnesota.

The case is now in the courts and Al Franken was turned down when he attempted to claim the certificate for the Senate seat.

So how did Stuart Smalley get this far?

Hollywood, how else? Franken's biggest donors all come from outside the state he is seeking to represent:

"...What you may not know is that some very big Hollywood money allowed Franken to pay a lot of bills. Actors Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, George Clooney, Steve Martin, Michael J. Fox all gave Franken the $4,600 maximum donations, as did David Letterman, Mike Myers, Ted Danson, Dan Aykroyd and Phil Donahue. Also many others. Also, far-left finance guy George Soros held a recount fund-raiser for Franken with special guest star Al Gore..." (source)

You really have to wonder why the Left was giving campaign finance reform such lip service... When it comes to profiting from big money donations, no one does it better than the limousine liberals and the Soros 527s.

No comments: