Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Am *I* A Prude?

This school year my friend's son has been telling me about the dances at his school...his ELEMENTARY school. Dances in 5th grade? I was a little shocked, but I chalked it up to it being a Catholic school looking for some cash...

Yesterday my FOURTH grader comes home and tells me there's a dance at OUR school for the 4th - 6th graders.

What?!

These kids don't even have armpit hair yet and we're encouraging and promoting romance?

And the dance is 'no jeans'... WTF? A mini prom? I am SO not into this.

Gee, why are our kids having sex so young? Maybe because romance in elementary school is now school sanctioned.

But since "everyone is going" if I say no I'm the bad guy...

I buy my son a "promise gift" in the beginning of each school year to keep him from "having a girlfriend" (whatever that means in the 4th grade)... Who would have thought the school would be acting as the counter agent?

No comments: