Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oprah's Weight...News?

"Talk show host Oprah Winfrey says she is mad at herself, and embarrassed, for allowing her weight to balloon to 200 pounds.

The cover line of the magazine reads, "How did I let this happen again?"

"I'm mad at myself," Winfrey says in the accompanying article, released on Tuesday. "I'm embarrassed. I can't believe that after all these years, I'm still talking about my weight."

In the article, Winfrey describes how her thyroid problem contributed to her weight, which went from 160 pounds a couple of years ago to 200 pounds today...." (source)

After my initial reaction of "Who gives a crap what Oprah weighs?" I realized this means two things:

A) All that talk of "healthy" eating being just as fulfilling as junk food if you know what to make is the giant, steaming heap of BS that we knew it was.

B) If Oprah was not a multi-millionaire with personal trainers, personal chefs and nutritionists, she would most likely be one of those people that needs a wall removed to get them out of their house.

No comments: