Monday, September 15, 2008

Breech

BreechA little update on what's going on here...

I'm now 36 weeks along (technically 4 weeks to go) and the baby is still breech. As of last Thursday's ultrasound they are guessing that he is already 8 lbs. 4 oz. (WITH 4 WEEKS TO GO!) Within the next week I am going to have a procedure called external cephalic version (ECV) where I will be hooked to an ultrasound machine and given a muscle relaxer so the midwife can attempt to manually turn the baby to a head down position.

I have tried all the voodoo tricks: flashlights and music in the nether regions, rocking on all fours, elevating hips over shoulders and having little ninja and The Man talk to him so he'll follow their voices. So now we resort to the big guns --anything to avoid a C-section if possible.

I'll let you know if the torture is successful (not sure what day it's happening yet), but keep your fingers crossed that he flips!

No comments: