Friday, August 29, 2008

Obama's Theme Song

"...Barack Obama prefers feel-good, Motown-era, baby boomer-friendly pop ("Higher and Higher," "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours," etc.). But his musical messages can be mixed, too. Obama's campaign often plays Aretha Franklin's "Think," which superficially makes sense, especially with its rousing refrain ("Oh, freedom . . . yeah, freedom!"). But "Think" isn't really about freedom. It's a defiant warning to a straying lover: "You better think -- think! -- about what you're trying to do me." (source)

Since there was no Hillary-esque hoopla and fanfare about it, I couldn't remember if I had heard an official announcement regarding Barack's theme song. It took me a little digging, but Obama does have an official campaign ditty: Better Way, by Ben Harper

I think I prefer Shania Twain's 'You don't impress me much' or RightWingRocker's suggestion of The Beetles' 'Nowhere Man.'

I know there have to be perfect songs out there for Barry...

No comments: