Thursday, August 28, 2008

DNC Convention




"...The fact that Democrats are having such a difficult time making the case for Obama without attacking President Bush cuts to the underlying problem facing Obama's candidacy -- that he's a freshman Senator who hasn't accomplished anything of significance.

In the Democratic primaries, the tale of how Obama gave up a high-paying Wall Street job to become a community organizer in Chicago made liberal audiences swoon, but it doesn't resonate as deeply among the general electorate..." (source)

"...Barack Obama has been forced, by the clout Hillary Rodham Clinton showed in their primary battle and his need for her voters in his race against Republican John McCain, to allow the gathering of Democrats to look a lot like the Clinton Convention...." (source)

I was telling my sister and my dad how incredibly BORED I am with this election cycle. It's been hard to post or read about because I have no interest whatsoever...

I think the only thing that could revive my interest would be for McCain to pick someone really, really conservative and controversial. Like Rush or Ann. other than that, it's going to be a real chore to pretend I'm interested...

No comments: