Friday, August 01, 2008

Apologies for the "Mommy Blog" Post

Lab RatOnce again I need to apologize for the major slow down in production here.

My last 1 hour glucose test came back elevated (this is actually the second elevated result) and now I have to take the 3 hour test. I am pretty sure this will come back elevated also and a diagnosis of 'gestational diabetes' will be forthcoming. My mom tested my levels with her meter and they were indeed high. The midwife said that this baby (in her 20 years of experience estimation) feels like he's already the size of a 32 week baby and I'm only 29 weeks.

There were only two hopes I had for this pregnancy: not to develop gestational diabetes and not to have a baby that went over 9 1/2 lbs. (as to avoid a C-section at all costs).

So, I apologize for my lack of blog zeal. I have been spending most of my online time looking for sample pregnant-diabetic menus and (truthfully) feeling a bit sorry for myself. I have been WAY healthier during this pregnancy (riding for 20+ minutes a day and walking everywhere) than I was for the other two... I gave up my body, caffeine and nicotine and now sugars and carbs...I hope the guys that email me about equal custody for dads will know better than to send those emails right now...

No comments: