Wednesday, May 21, 2008

So Much for Eco-Consensus...


We have been told for YEARS now about the scientific consensus when it comes to man-mad globals warming. We were told the 'heretics' were few and far between...

"...More than 31,000 scientists across the U.S. – including more than 9,000 Ph.D.s in fields such as atmospheric science, climatology, Earth science, environment and dozens of other specialties – have signed a petition rejecting “global warming,” the assumption that the human production of greenhouse gases is damaging Earth’s climate..." (source)

Petition here.
Scientist signers (listed by State) here.

As I have said (many times) in the past, I think everyone should conserve resources. I think people that litter (especially on beaches) are scum. I think we should shy away from plastics. But none of this means that I believe global warming is man-made. And I resent being accused of using 'scare tactics' (real terrorism) to win election by a party that is using scare tactics (very disputed 'science') to win elections...

(T-shirt available at RightWingStuff)

No comments: