Thursday, March 27, 2008

Story of the Week


"...A state correction officer who was collecting workers' compensation because of a back injury has been suspended from his job and arrested after news photographers captured him competing in a radio-sponsored 40-yard dash in high heels.

Workers' compensation fraud is a felony, and Dalton faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

Dalton was out of work after injuring his back on June 11, 2007, while lifting a box of toilet paper
and soap at the New Haven Correctional Center.

In the contest, he ran a 40-yard dash in a woman's dress and high heels in hopes of winning tickets to a Hannah Montana concert. (source)

I don't even know what I could add to this story... My uncle was a P.I. that investigated insurance/worker's comp/SSI fraud. I used to go with him on stakeouts in public places (bowling alleys, amusement parks) to keep him from looking too obvious. None of the cases we were watching were ever this amusing...

No comments: