Monday, March 31, 2008

Obama Refers to Babies as a 'Punishment'

I wasn't going to post about this. I never want to hype up a slip of the tongue or take something out of context to create scandal the way the other side does. But, I have been trying to understand how Obama can call himself a Christian and vote on behalf of partial-birth abortion (the same way I've always wondered about Jimmy Carter). I decided to post about this...not as the "look at the shocking thing Obama said..I'm outraged", but more in a trying to understand his mind kinda thing.

During a speech here in Pennsylvania and defending his stance against abstinence only education:

“Look, I got[sic] two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old,” he said. “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby.” (Source)

I might refer to the loss of youth and freedom a punishment, but would never refer to the infant itself that way. I guess that's the fundamental difference between he and I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy valium buy valium online prescription - buy valium topix

Anonymous said...

buy xanax amount needed overdose xanax - side effects of xanax pills