Friday, March 14, 2008

Evangelical Poll: Sponsored by Liberal Group

"...Poll data from the March 4 primary in Ohio show that more than four out of ten white evangelical Christians cast their vote for a Democratic candidate. According to the liberal groups that sponsored the poll, the data indicate that white evangelicals are interested in a broad range of issues and are shifting their voting behavior.

However, some conservative evangelical leaders dismissed the poll's findings as insignificant, and Christian Coalition founder Ralph Reed said the poll's methodology was flawed.

The exit poll -- funded by the liberal activist groups The Sojourners, the Center for American Progress Action Fund, and Faith in Public Life -- is based a telephone survey conducted by Zogby International on March 4. It revealed that 57 percent of Ohio's white Christian evangelical voters cast their ballots for Republican candidates while the remaining 43 percent voted for Democrats. " (source)

I guess someone should have told The Sojourners that many crossed the aisle to edge out Obama once McCain had the GOP nomination locked up at the behest of Rush Limbaugh). True Evangelicals would NEVER vote for a pro-choice candidate...trust me, these are the people I was raised around and the churches I went to. You can bring up welfare and poverty, but murder will trump those issues each and every time.

No comments: