Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Obama: I Really Don't Get It.

Wasn't the mantra from the Left regarding George Bush "We can't afford a President that learns on the job!" How many times did we hear that about his grasp of foreign affairs?

...But all of a sudden that doesn't matter when it's their candidate that will be getting on the job training? I am pretty sure that I (and almost every other political blogger) have read considerably more about foreign affairs than Barack Obama. I don't say that being cheeky...I say it being scared.

This SHOULD have nothing to do with race (or gender for that matter). Is it awesome that a Black man has come this far in the race to the White House? Absolutely. I think it's awesome. But Obama is a first term Senator. Unseasoned and green. If the candidate was Colin Powell we could rest assured that he wasn't rising because he was Black...he was rising because he deserved it and had the experience to handle it.

Barack couldn't even fool the MTV crowd as he bungled through the foreign relations questions during the debate on that network. Even the Fiddy Cent fans told hosts that his plans didn't seem feasible or plain didn't make sense.

I'm sure Obama is a real nice guy and "idealism" is a quality I find highly admirable...in a Red Cross worker, teacher, social worker or Pastor. Not a President.

Idealism:
"the tendency to represent things in an ideal form, or as they might or should be rather than as they are"

Realism:
"An inclination toward literal truth and pragmatism."


I don't want an idealistic President...I'll take realistic thanks. Realistic with experience and knowledge.

No comments: