Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Email from a Reader: Stop-Loss

Dear ALa:

I am writing, as a reader of your blog, to let you know about a movie I worked on called STOP LOSS (coming out in March). While it might seem that I'm writing to support a liberal movie, I urge you to read
on as I'm not only an avid reader of your blog, but I can also assure you that the movie, when it comes out, will ultimately surprise you.

The movie, which is about the policy of its title, has released a website that has given military wives and soldiers cameras and allowed them to make videos of their lives. Now they are answering questions online about what it's like to serve and to be at home, etc. etc. The videos and the discussions are entirely non-political and are opening up the lives of military members to a public who largely knows
nothing about them. The director of the film is also participating in the debate and allowing soldiers and the public to ask her questions about making a war movie and trying to accurately depict soldiers and military wives.

I would be honored if you could mention our site to your readers and help us bring more people into this important discussion and, regardless of the movie, help educate more people about what it's like to be a soldier or military wife today. Either way, best of luck and thank you very much for your time.



-Reid

No comments: