Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Where the Left and Right Should Meet...

Presidential primaries.

I know I have written about this plenty of times in the past, but this is a subject I feel strongly about.

Primaries should ALL be held on the same day. Full stop.

The left should agree because staggered primaries left them with John Kerry...and could leave them with Barack this time around. They could leave us on the right with whomever is catching everyone's fancy that day too...

Having all the primaries on the same day and having everyone vote who they truly want and not hedging bets by what Iowa and New Hampshire did is the only way to get a true candidate. Now I know it shouldn't matter... Who the hell cares how people in Iowa or New Hampshire voted? I mean, what can we credit New Hampshire for beside Mary Baker Eddy and Triple H...gee thanks, could have done without either of those.

Can someone tell me why this isn't the case? Why do we turn something as serious as Presidential Primaries into a silly game...?

No comments: