Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Reminder For Us All...

This was an Amber Alert that was issues last night:

Police said they are searching for a car that was stolen Wednesday night as two children were sleeping in the back seat.

The car was reported stolen at about 7 p.m. from the 3300 block of Baring Street in the Powelton section of Philadelphia, police said.

Police in the 16th District said it's believed that the vehicle was left running when it was stolen, and investigators were asking the public to look outside of their homes.

The missing vehicle was described as a silver, 2005 X-5 BMW SUV with Pennsylvania tags GDF-1692. It was last seen on its way toward Interstate 76 (the Schuylkill Expressway).

The sleeping children were identified as a 3-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy, both white.


The children's names are George and Kaliope Hionas (H/T: Free Republic).

Thankfully, the two children were found unharmed in the vehicle about two hours later.

I know everyone's first instinct is to freak out that the parent's left these kids in the car (my first reaction), but I'd be lying if I said I'd never done that. The old -I'll only be a second thing- though I would never do it in Center City and I lock mine in...

I can't even imagine all the beating up of themselves these parents are going through...if only, what if, why did I...etc.

This is a good reminder for everyone --horrible things can happen 'in a second.'

No comments: