Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Democrat Caught in Underage Sex Sting


We heard about Larry Craig and Mark Foley ad nauseum, but I hadn't heard a peep about a 28 year old aide to Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.) getting caught in a sex sting until I saw it over at NewsBusters. I can only surmise that if it would have been one of Orrin Hatch's (or any other (R)) aides, I would've heard about it before now...

The sad thing is I'm not even complaining -I guess because I've become complacent to this sort of thing.

I guess the AP saw the NewsBusters story too...and quickly got an article together:

"...According to court papers, James Michael McHaney, known as Mike, tried to arrange a lunchtime meeting with an unidentified person posing as a 13-year-old boy. When the witness, working under the supervision of the FBI, asked whether McHaney was interested in sex with a 13-year-old, McHaney allegedly replied, "I'll be there," the court papers said. He later asked for a photo of the child, the FBI alleged." (source)

The Smoking Gun has the court papers and some info the AP left out:

"[McHaney asked] for a photo of the child with whom he and the CW ("cooperating witness") would have sex and whether the boy had "any pubes." When told no, McHaney allegedly replied, "That's hot."

No comments: