Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wife VS. Presidential Candidate

"Former President Clinton said Monday his wife can handle the criticism from her presidential rivals even though "those boys have been getting tough on her lately." (source)

Brace yourselves... I have actually felt bad for Bill Clinton as things have gotten a bit tougher for Hillary. I realize that all politicians know that during campaigns pretty much anything will be fair game and they have to prepare for that. I felt bad for Chelsea and the Bush twins because they didn't choose that life, their parents did...but there have been school yard fights for a "your momma" comment --think of the things that are said about their parents.

Bill Clinton is now in the unenviable position of looking like less of a man for failing to defend his wife or belittling his wife's ability of defending herself by stepping in. The Man and I went through this (albeit on a MUCH smaller scale) here on this site. He had to sit by and watch me be attacked personally and I told him he couldn't step in. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. His solution was to stop reading here, but Bill doesn't have that luxury.

This dynamic will emasculate him if he is forced to sit back...so I say, even if Hill wins, there will be another sex scandal to uncover as Bill seeks to regain his manhood...

No comments: