Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Question No One Wants to Ask...

Just to clarify (or qualify) this, I want to start by saying that I am A-okay with things in the world not being "fair"...

That being said, with all the world debate going on with North Korea and Iran's nuclear quests, I'm wondering how/why sovereign nations that have nuclear capabilities can tell other sovereign nations that they can't. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Iran or North Korea to have them and I don't think Pakistan or India should have them either.

I know that our political system and country in general is light years more stable...but what about Russia? They seem ready to implode at any moment. I guess I'm just wondering how we and other nuclear-equipped nations can impose nuclear limitations. Though, as I said, it's a seeming discrepancy that I'm perfectly content with.

No comments: