Tuesday, October 09, 2007

PC Blogger

Have you guys noticed this? It's on the Dashboard of Blogger (for those of you that don't have blogs...this is right on your main page after you log in to write/edit posts)...

"Blogging for the Environment
Bloggers Unite - Blog Action Day October 15, a week from today, is Blog Action Day, and the theme this year is the environment. If you have a blog and want to join in, all you have to do is use that day to post something related to the environment, in whatever way, shape, or form you prefer. You can pick an environmental issue that has meaning for you and let us know why it's important. Organize a beach or neighborhood cleanup and tell us about it. If you're into fiction writing, give us a story with an environmental theme. Have a podcast, videoblog, or photoblog? Join the fun! The idea here is to have a mass effect on public awareness by sharing as many ideas in as many ways as possible."

Here's the thing, The Man and I are really quite green by choice and always have been. Anyone that's been here knows we rarely use lights, the kids and I walk most places we need to go locally, we've spent entire days picking up other people's trash on the beach, etc... But having said and done all that, I do it because I think as human beings we should not be gluttonous and slovenly. I don't think common courtesies should be legislated. I don't think any of my efforts have helped or hurt global warming. I don't believe global warming is man-made. Just like the "global cooling" scare of the 70's wasn't (we're crying for the polar ice caps that 20 years ago scientists wanted to dump hot ash on!). Climate changes and my Jeep Cherokee is hardly relevant in the scheme of the universe. Wonder if Blogger will post that...

No comments: