Tuesday, October 23, 2007

2 Pts. for McCain

I know you've all probably seen this already, but it was pretty good...



...and in case you thought McCain was embellishing: Hillary did seek to use $1 million in tax payer money for a Woodstock Museum --and even worse, they put it in an education bill.

"... The Senate voted Thursday to kill a $1 million grant for a museum on the site of the 1969 Woodstock concert, a rare rebuke of a legislative pet project and a blow to the presidential candidate who backed it, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Clinton and her New York colleague, Sen. Charles Schumer, had the funding inserted into the $604 billion education and health spending bill. The Woodstock project's main backer, Alan Gerry, is a registered Republican who recently became a major contributor to the Schumer-led Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee." (source)

When I was a teenager I asked my mom why her and my dad didn't go to Woodstock. She looked at me like I had two heads and said, "Um, because we had jobs." :)

No comments: