Thursday, September 06, 2007

It's Official, He's In!

Watch the Announcement:



"...After months of hints, and false starts, screen star and Republican ex-senator Fred Thompson Thursday launched his run for president, promising to stop "another Clinton" from seizing the White House.

"My friends, I come to you today to tell you that I intend to run for President," Thompson, who already runs second to Republican front-runner Rudolph Giuliani in national polls, said in a video webcast.

"I feel deeply that I am doing it for the right reasons. I love my country and I am concerned about its future."

The craggy ex-senator with a plain-spoken manner and folksy southern charm is wooing core conservatives unhappy with their 2008 field, who fear Democrat Hillary Clinton may follow her husband Bill to the presidency..." (source)

Go Join Friends of Fred and stop Billary '08! ;)

...I guess I have to change the name of the other blog now.

No comments: