Saturday, September 08, 2007

From the Blogroll: Things You Shouldn't Miss...

(The "lighter" edition)

  • "They tried to make me go to jihad... I said no no no..."

    *Video Link H/T: Six Meat Buffet in a post entitled "Moderate Muslims Attack". If only the song (parody of Amy Winehouse's "Rehab") was the theme song for moderate Muslims...


  • Monica has a great "Blogging the Surge" story posted about the Iraqi children and their thoughts about the American soldiers and marines. I loved this:

    "Where do you want to live? Do you want to leave Iraq?"
    "No, I want to live here in my neighborhood."

    "Are you afraid of Americans?"
    "I love them!"
    "Why?"
    "Because they don't shoot at us."

    Thanks for posting this Grizzly Momma!


  • Robbie over at Urban Grounds just found out what "Emo" kids were. If you're a parent and you don't know, you should go check out his post. And for us hipsters that already knew, it's still a funny post.


  • Captain America over at First In! details for us the "new America" of customer service telephone calls. I completely feel your pain CA. Though I should mention that GoDaddy.com had the best (English-as-a-first-language) customer service I have experienced in a long time!


  • It seems there's a NYC/Philly (maybe other cities also?) Blogger phenomenon that I was unaware of. Phillybits has details and pictures of "Reflectorman/Stickman" spottings... It seems that no one knows who put them there, or why they're there, but there's even a Flickr group to post the sightings. Can anyone shed some light?
  • No comments: