Tuesday, August 28, 2007

No More PC or RC for Me: A New Mission Statement of Sorts

I agree with a lot of what Rush Limbaugh says, but there are some things he goes on about that make me want to slap him (I have a sneaking suspicion he's a misogynist). I don't freak out, turn off my radio and write a nasty letter to him when he goes off on the things I don't agree with...I just roll my eyes.

I have always hated the MSM and the Inkies for being so PC, but after 3 years of writing this blog it finally hit me: They aren't PC, they're RC. Reader Correct. They don't want to offend anyone in their circulation and lose subscriptions or viewers. It dawned on me last week, I have been guilty of the same thing. I self-censor like crazy when writing here. Can't say that, too many of my readers are men. Can't say that, so-and-so is a devout Catholic. Shouldn't write that, this person might think I'm talking about them. I should tone that down, wouldn’t want to scare off the moderates, etc.

I may have written something that bothered you or rubbed you the wrong way over the past week. It wasn't meant toward you personally. I've realized that I haven't given you all enough credit in the past, and decided to change that. I guess the Mormon thing is what shocked me. I posted pictures of the magic underwear and got tons of emails saying Mormons won't ever come here again. They obviously had no problem when I bashed every other organized religion, but point out something ludicrous in theirs and I'm boycotted.

Well, I'm not doing it anymore. I can't become what I hate...what I started this site to combat. I don't have to worry about losing subscriptions, cause I don't get paid. I am no longer self-censoring. I am saying what I feel and not dwelling on who might be put off or offended by it. I wouldn't hang out with someone that would bolt after our first disagreement, so I don't know why I've been doing it here.

We're bound to have different opinions about some things. That's what makes life interesting. If you disagree with me, don’t pack up your dolls and dishes and go home...tell me why I'm wrong. I'll respect you more in the morning…and myself.

No comments: