Saturday, August 18, 2007

From the Blogroll


(formerly known as "Things You Shouldn't Miss")
I haven't linked stories from people in my blogroll in a while...and there is some really great stuff out there. Now if you're not linked, it doesn't mean you don’t have really great stuff. It just means I wanted to go finish (finally) watching 300.

First make sure you go over to see Harvey at Bad Example and read his succinct and Spot on response to "Why are we In Iraq". H/T to Tammi for alerting me to this great post!

  • Jules Crittenden alerts us to another former anti-war Democrat that has changed his mind after a trip to Iraq. That speaks volumes doesn't it?

    “People may be upset. I wish I didn’t have to say this,” Baird said. He added that the United States needs to continue with its military troops surge “at least into early next year, then engage in a gradual redeployment. … I know it’s going to cost hundreds of American lives and hundreds of billions of dollars.”
    (Go read the rest at Jules Crittenden)

  • AfSister has a YouTube video and (awesome) lyrics from one bad ass Marine:
    "...I AM AMERICA! WE WILL NOT BE TERRORIZED!
    WE WILL NOT BE TERRORIZED!
    I REFUSE TO BE AFRAID!
    I'LL FIGHT YOU ANY COUNTRY, ANY CONTINENT, ANY TERRAIN.
    I'LL FIGHT TO MY LAST BREATH!"
    And if by chance death is my fate,
    pin my medals upon my chest,
    and throw Old Glory on my grave...."

    Yeah, so I'm a sucker for those jingoistic songs... (Go watch the video and read all the lyrics at My Side of the Puddle)


  • Lilo has an update on the sentencing of Kelsey Briggs’ "mother". I haven't seen the pic she has there before and it's almost as heartbreaking as the last one.
    (Go see it at Lost in Lima)


  • Over at Ron's Musings he has some thoughts on Romney winning the Iowa Straw Poll.


  • Over at Hummers & Cigarettes there is a great post up about "Academia Pushing Hardest for a Dem President


  • (Cartoon Credit: the amazing Cox & Forkum obviously. Who, by the way, have a new book out.)

    No comments: