Monday, August 13, 2007

The Dog Ate My Homework...

I know, I've been a bad blogger. I thought things would slow down in the summer, but it seems the older your kids get the more hectic it becomes. I can't believe August is almost half over and pretty soon I'm going to be teaching again. I really need a new gig...but I digress.

Normally I would have written all my posts for today last night, but The Man and I got a rare opportunity to go out. Some of you old schoolers might remember LeftyJones? Well, he bought a bar about a half and hour from here and we went and hung out with him there. I have known Lefty since I was 13, but The Man had never met him. I knew they'd get along. I had this great sandwich that I can't stop thinking about. It was grilled chicken with cucumber and ranch dressing on a Kaiser. Okay, another tangent. Anyway, my mom surprised us and said not only would she watch the kids, but she'd take them over night. This was the first time in the 8 1/2 years that we've had kids that we went overnight without either of them home.

After we left Lefty's bar, we ended up driving around until after 1:30 am showing each other various places that held childhood memories... It was really a great night. I think it's easy to start taking all the things you like about your spouse for granted after being together 10+ years, but now that we have the burden of the business off our shoulders we've been "dating" again and it's been awesome.

So there, that's a pretty good excuse for being a slacker blogger lately...right?

(Picture: Lefty & ALa circa 1986 at Word Of Life Island, Lake George, NY)

No comments: