Wednesday, August 08, 2007

All in a Name...

I know, I know... all you boys hate it when I get all feminista on here (emails noted), but there is something I have to vent about.

I work in my kid's school district. I volunteer in the library for many hours a week. I volunteer for the bake sales, the Christmas Winter Bazaar, the Mother's Day Plant Sale, etc. I go to all the parent/teacher meetings. I write all the sick notes.

Yet, today I get a letter from the school addressed to Mr. & Mrs. Tesco Forever. Well, not really but you get the idea. This has always rubbed me the wrong way. They've never even met him and suddenly I'm just Mrs. Him? I know it's nothing earth-shattering, and maybe I'm alone here, but I think it's demeaning and insulting. Would it be that much added effort to have the computer print Mr. & Mrs. Tesco & ALa Forever? Would six more letters really put them out?

No comments: