Monday, July 02, 2007

What Do You Do With Info Like This?

"A secret U.S. law enforcement report, prepared for the Department of Homeland Security, warns that al Qaeda is planning a terror "spectacular" this summer, according to a senior official with access to the document.

"This is reminiscent of the warnings and intelligence we were getting in the summer of 2001," the official told ABCNews.com.

U.S. officials have kept the information secret, and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said today on ABC News' "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" that the United States did not have "have any specific credible evidence that there's an attack focused on the United States at this point." (source)

I'm never quite sure what to do with information like this. I know "live your life"... I hate that we have to live with a threat hanging over us because of a religion that is less than 2000 years old. I hate that this country might need another attack to stop the appeasement, but people that weren't pacifist appeasers might die in that attack... I hate that friends of mine are deployed and in harm's way over a supposed 'misinterpretation' of a book. I hate that I am now prejudiced toward a certain group of people for the first time in my life... Basically I hate everything about the whole situation.

No comments: