Friday, July 27, 2007

Birthdays Suck...Or Is It Me?

My birthday is always the worst day of the year. Am I alone on that?

I was thinking about it Wednesday night and decided maybe it's a self-fulfilling prophesy. Maybe subconsciously I expect everyone to act like it's a national holiday and when they don't ('cause it's not) I get upset. (I know it's not an age thing because I honestly don't care about that) Who knows? So I decided that yesterday would be any other day. No cake, no hoopla, no outings...just a regular day at home with my guys.

It still turned out to be a really bad day. I won’t get into the specifics, but suffice it to say it wasn't my sub-conscious or a self-fulfilling prophesy. Just an honest to goodness shit day.

But, The Man did surprise me with the guitar I feel in love with a few months ago. And Justrose and Liz disobeyed my "no gifts" directive and brought over some lovely things...

No comments: