Saturday, May 12, 2007

What Is Your Life "Rated"...?

Your Life is Rated PG-13

Your life isn't totally scandalous, but you definitely don't shy away from adult themes!


Speaking of ratings, I guess you've all heard about movie ratings now taking into account smoking in the film --which is absolutely absurd IMO. I can see alerting parents to sexual content in a movie. It's not like you would see people having sex at the mall or on the sidewalk (unless you're on the Left Coast), but if you walk/drive down the street 4 out of 5 people will be smoking... But I heard someone say that the rating will depend on whether the smoking has been "glamorized"...

What does that mean? If ugly people in the movie smoke it can retain a PG rating, but of the "cool" character smokes it gets an R? So it's okay for the not-so-fair-of-face to die of cancer? What about drinking? Adultery?

When I've gotten to the point that I'm relying on Hollywood to bestow a "moral message" and protect me from what they deem offensive --shoot me.

No comments: