Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tagged: This Won't Help Matters...


The timing of getting tagged with an "eight things about ME" MeMe is quite amusing given the recent accusations of self-love... Nevertheless, Blue Collar Muse tagged me and I will accept.

The Rules: Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. Players should tag eight other people and notify them that they have been tagged.

Random Fact #1) I hate pictures of myself. I always have. I am not photogenic and can't stand seeing myself in 2D. I prefer to be behind the camera. I put pictures up here (every 6 months or so) because I also have a strong belief that people should know who they are "talking" to. I have a Flickr account so I can comment on The Man's and so all the pics posted here go there.

Random Fact #2) I adore the internet and I am so glad Gore invented it, but a horrid side effect is the anonymity of a virtual world allows people to be their very worst selves. Yes, Bloggers put themselves "out there" and many take tons of heat --but at the end of the day we're doing this on our free time and for free. On one site I even earned the title "Spew Mistress", which is fine by me...but isn't it funny that this Mistress of Spew has never gone on a site and attacked anyone? Some friends have asked how I deal with the personal attacks. It's easy actually. I am quite sure anyone that pent up and angry is a dorly little person going through life without the nerve to say anything to anyone. They are the postal workers ready to blow and the blogs are a place they can finally vent on the world behind the safety of a keyboard. Why would that person's opinion mean anything to me?

Random Fact #3) I often get quite bored with politics. That becomes a problem when trying to maintain 2 political blogs. I get frustrated that debates are never settled and the same arguments go on and on forever.

Random Fact #4) I love this site. I enjoy all the commenters. I'm glad it's not a serious, droll blog with serious and droll readers. I prefer it's the "Perez Hilton" of politics. It's serious when it needs to be with engaging debates and silly at times...because all politics all the time makes anyone a dull person. So thank you all for that.

Random Fact #5) I write my 4-5 daily posts after most people are sleeping soundly. I'm an insomniac and always have been. But anyone that suffers from insomnia knows you’re awake but not always completely lucid. When people nit-pick about spelling and grammar and my beloved ellipses................it annoys the hell out of me. It's 2am and I'm up writing posts like an idiot when I'm going to get a call at 5:45 am to teach -so deal.

Random Fact #6) If you couldn't already guess, I totally have PMS right now.

Random Fact #7) I would love to have a co-blogger. Maybe someone a click or two left of center? Maybe someone farther right than me? Some fresh blood. But all my choices (sarcastic and succinct) have already been snapped up by IMAO.

Random Fact #8) I stopped drinking all caffeine (coffee included) for almost 15 years and somehow I am now back to 3-4 cups per day. How the heck did that happen?

*Bonus Random Fact #9) See Picture.

These people are now "It":
1) Consul-At-Arms
2) Neptunus Lex
3) Hummers & Cigarettes
4) Bourgeois Deviant
5) Just Rose
6) Wyatt Erp
7) First In
8) AF Sis

No comments: