Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sheehan Resigns...


"Cindy Sheehan said Tuesday she's done being the public face of the movement.

"I've been wondering why I'm killing myself and wondering why the Democrats caved in to George Bush," Sheehan told The Associated Press, "I'm going home for awhile to try and be normal," she said.

Sheehan wrote in her online diary on the Daily Kos blog: "Good-bye America ... you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can't make you be that country unless you want it. It's up to you now."

Kristinn Taylor, spokesman for FreeRepublic.com, which has held pro-troop rallies and counter-protests of anti-war demonstrations, said dwindling crowds at Sheehan's Crawford protests since her initial vigil may have led to her decision. But he also said he hopes she will now be able to heal.

"Her politics have hurt a lot of people, including the troops and their families, but most of us who support the war on terror understand she is hurt very deeply," Taylor said Tuesday. "Those she got involved with in the anti-war movement realize it was to their benefit to keep her in that stage of anger." (source)

HER sacrifice. HER face is the face of the anti-war movement.

Good luck with the trying to be normal thing Cindy. I think the first step might be not just saying your going to keep quiet, but actually doing it.

You can read the comments she got here, but I don't think you can comment --the Kos Kids, defenders of free speech, have added "Troll Ratings" to the site (whatever that means...).

No comments: