Friday, May 04, 2007

Republican Debate: And the Winner Was...?



...The talking heads are all saying Romney, but I thought it was clearly McCain. McCain annoys me because I really want to like him and all of his answers were just what I wanted to hear from a potential President...but give him a day or two and I'm sure he'll do something that irks me...

The hosts (Chris Matthews and someone from Politico.com) wanted the candidates to agree the way to win was to go to the center... This would have been a perfect opportunity to ask why Newt and Fred Thompson are doing so well in the polls without declaring --Do they not get it that these candidates are already too close to center and that's the problem?

I have to say, I loved how McCain opened with a slam to Harry Reid (it was nice to see he's not afraid to get his hands dirty) McCain said, "If we lost who won?! Did al Qaeda win?" He went on to talk about the applause on the Senate floor when the withdraw bill was passed, "What were they cheering? Surrender? Defeat?" That was a great open.

I also enjoyed the Billary bash. I don't want bi-partisanship. An election is a war of ideas and ideologies and should be conducted as such...especially now when so much is at stake...

You can vote for the candidate you think won over at Hot Air ---looks like I'm in the minority. Maybe I watched a different debate, the only thing I even remember Romney saying was that Jeb Bush did the right thing when he tried to override Terry Shiavo's wishes...

And I found this a wee bit kooky...over at HuffPo they were rating the candidates by fetuses?

No comments: