Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Real Mommy War...


Forget SAHMs Vs. Working Moms, or breast Vs. Bottle, or intact Vs. circumcised... this was hand to hand combat in a Mother's Day buffet...over a crying one-year-old.

"...The sergeant said witnesses told him Christine Lewandowski, 56, repeatedly asked Sylvia Harris, 24, of Toledo to quiet her 1-year-old child, who was sitting in a high chair and screaming.

When the infant continued to scream, Ms. Lewandowski shouted at the baby to “shut up,” Sergeant Kikolski said.

That’s when Ms. Harris lunged at Ms. Lewandowski and began punching the woman, the sergeant said.

Other people joined in the fight, which lasted “maybe 10 minutes,” Sergeant Kikolski said..." (source)

This sounds like a scene from Roadhouse --tables and chairs were being thrown and the restaurant had to be closed for over two hours.

Now, telling someone's 1 yr. old to "shut up" is a major no-no, BUT the act of picking up crying baby and walking it around outside seems to be a lost art. Though I have children, I find myself often annoyed at other parents' ignorance. If I get a baby sitter and escape my house child-free the last thing I want to do is listen to your kid cry the entire time I eat. If your kid isn't good at restaurants...please, don't take them. If they're having an unusual cranky spell, do what I used to and take them outside until they calm down. All that being said, I might have had to throw down with some spinster that told my kid to shut up too...

No comments: