Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."



This morning I was woken by all three of my guys and breakfast in bed... The Man actually made breakfast with the boys! Now, Liz facilitated this by sending us one of those "Swiss Colony" Sunday Breakfast box --which was very sweet of her.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there... and though it would be tempting to keep this airy and upbeat, I can't get the mother's of the three soldiers missing in Iraq out of my head this morning. They will be in my thoughts and prayers all day long as they endure what must be the worst imaginable Mother's Day ever. An al Qaeda group is claiming they have the soldiers which won't be a comfort to anyone this day.

As we all sit with our own Mothers and our kids today, let's remember that everyone isn't so blessed.

No comments: