Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thursday Question...

"How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important more than ten years from now?"

I had to pick a question that would redeem me after saying I would ditch my best friend for a million dollars (I always remove "spouse" from "best friend" questions --they may be your best friend but are disqualified because they are also your spouse...) My picking the money over the friendship isn't a lack of loyalty...just honesty and practicality...you'd be hard-pressed to find someone that sustains friendships as long as I do.

My three best friendships have all lasted significantly longer than 10 years. I have been friends with JustRose and Liz for 31 years and my friend N in OBX for 16 years. I feel all of them will be just as important in 10 years as the likelihood of someone forking over 1,000,000 to kick them to the curb is slim.

No comments: