Thursday, April 05, 2007

It Could be Pure Happenstance...

Yesterday I subbed for the best class ever. I have now done every grade, except 2nd, and this 3rd grade class was by far the best behaved class in the history of substitute teaching. As I gave out assignments and they all did them without question or complaint (and with NO talking!) I was beginning to feel like I was in the Twlight Zone --this just does not happen...!

As the children were doing their daily journal entry (one of the questions I have posted here) I began to look around the classroom. I noticed a table of biographies and George W. and Laura's were prominent among them. Then I noticed a large flag and two large "Operation Iraqi Freedom" banners.

Well, good golly, this class was being taught by a Conservative (there were other 'signs' too). Is it just coincidence that the best behaved class I've encountered has an America-loving, military-supporting, President-respecting woman at the helm? Maybe, but I doubt it...

No comments: