Friday, April 27, 2007

First Debate for the Dems...



I have to admit that I didn't watch...and it sounds more like it was a "Who can bash Bush the hardest" instead of a proper debate. I did however get the highlights from the Freepers:

  • Sen. Dodd: Statement opposing drug testing for welfare recipients was utterly stupid. He said that drug addiction was an illness and a person should not have to give up their welfare because they are ill.


  • Hillary: Saying she supported military force in Afghanistan then realizing she supported the use of military force in Iraq also. It was clear she had nowhere to go with her comment.


  • Richardson: Said that his first day in office he would have us out of Iraq by means of diplomacy.


  • If this president does not get us out of Iraq, when I am president, I will," said Sen. Hillary Clinton"


  • "We are one signature away from ending this war," said Sen. Barack Obama


  • "I would withdraw all of our troops by the end of our calendar year," and invite Iran and Syria to a regional security conference, said Bill Richardson.


  • The best reaction after the debate was Chris Matthews, a paraphrase here:
    (Hillary Clinton) didn't say anything to make herself more unlikeable.
  • (source1, source2)

    I'll have to look for it on YouTube, but I still have to watch the last two episodes of "24" first...

    No comments: