Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Please Explain: Part II

I believe with all my heart (and head) that we should be helping in Darfur (and a part of me thinks that we probably already have people there)...but I also believe in what we're doing in Iraq. I don't think you can be pushing for one and against the other.

People were being tortured and killed in Iraq and people are being tortured and killed in Darfur. There are people fighting democracy in Iraq and there would be the same sentiment in Darfur. We are seen by some as occupiers in Iraq and it would be the same in Darfur. People say there is a civil war brewing in Iraq and there's already civil war and genocide in Darfur.

The only difference would be that we were saving Christians in Darfur and we're saving Muslims in Iraq.

I'm just trying to understand all the commercials and speeches by those opposed to the Iraq war now pushing so hard and calling on the President to send American troops into Sudan... Can you be for one and against the other (without being a total hypocrite) and I'm just not seeing it?

No comments: