Sunday, February 11, 2007

Run Obama Run!

The "official" news is out... novice Senator Barack Hussein Obama will indeed step into the snake pit with Ms. Clinton and take a run at the Presidency.

It seems the poor man is under the grave misconception that "name recognition" is his biggest challenge.

Here's what interests me...

From Obama’s book: Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance:

I had learned not to care," he wrote. "I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. ..."

"Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man," Obama wrote. "Except the highs hadn't been about that, me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then, anyway. I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory. I had discovered that it didn't make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate's sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you'd met down at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl. ... You might just be bored, or alone. Everybody was welcome into the club of disaffection." (source)

Do I care if Obama smoked pot or did some coke here and there when he was young? Me personally? No.

BUT, what I do care about is the hypocrisy of the left's acceptance of this. Do a Google Blog Search on "George Bush and cocaine/pot/partying" and see how many slanderous posts you find --and those posts are based on speculation, not cold hard facts in GWB's own published words. But since Obama is "struggling with who he is" because he's of mixed race that's okay? He gets a pass on snorting coke because he revealed the drug use eloquently in a literary medium?

Isn't this a little bit of racism from the ever-PC left? The rich white Yale boy should know better than do drugs and will be chastised for it, but we expect and excuse it from the mixed up mulatto? Shocking! (<-sarcasm)

Another thing I found interesting/amusing was what the left deems a "smear job" on a Democratic candidate... I found a CNN video on YouTube with labeled with this description:
"CNN DOES HACHET JOB ON BARACK OMAMA LINKING HIM TO THE AXIS OF EVIL!
LIBERAL MEDIA MY ASS!
ARE THEY REALLY THAT THREATENED BY THIS GUY?"


haha...I'm sure Bush/Cheney/Rummy/Rove et al would be overjoyed if this was a "hatchet job". Here's the link for the video.

And, last but not least, Australia’s Prime Minister John Howard (who is a close ally to Bush, but was also a close ally of Clinton) has said "an election win in November next year for Senator Obama or his party would have disastrous consequences." (source) Not because he hates Democrats, but because he actually believes the world is being threatened by Islamofascists...

No comments: