Friday, February 09, 2007

Most Beautiful Guess Girl Ever: RIP Anna Nicole



Maybe I was alone, but I was upset when I heard of the untimely death of Anna Nicole Smith.

I know to most Americans thought she was just a blonde bimbo that was totally out of control...probably what many thought of Marilyn in her day too.

When Anna Nicole's Guess ads came out I was in complete awe of her. Finally, here was a woman that looked like a woman instead of a 13 year old boy. In a sea of waifs she stood out and gave us young girls hope that we didn't need to starve and puke to be attractive. Like Marilyn she had a tough life and made something from nothing. Like Marilyn she told the world with every picture that a curvy woman will always put the coke-head models to shame. Like Marilyn she crashed and burned because all the money and fame in the world can't erase a bad childhood and an inner emptiness.

So RIP Anna, a long time ago you inspired the young me and I thank you for that.

No comments: