Monday, February 26, 2007

The Kos Kids...They Really Are KIDS!

Yesterday as I was looking through some stories on Little Green Footballs, I came across one I must have missed during my painful perusing of the left'o'sphere. A contributor over at Kos' site that wrote a long, long post entitled:
"On Supporting The Iraqi Resistance"

Needless to say, as I began to read I was getting pretty pissed off... What a little prat this writer was. This is the summation of the never-ending piece:

"...The issue of "supporting the troops" is a sensitive one - families who have sons or daughters serving in Iraq do not want to hear that attacks on them may be justified. That is completely understandable - the soldiers serving in Iraq are just kids, often from a deprived background, who trusted and were let down by their governments who sent them into an illegal and immoral war of choice. Indeed, the wish to shield the troops from further harm is a major factor in the movement to bring them home. But we must not let the Bush administration’s hijack of our strong, emotional desire to protect the troops convince us that an attack on Iran would be justified in order to defend them." (by heathlander at Kos)

I don't know who started it, but most of us on the right side of the blogosphere refer to the "Daily Kos" posters and commenters as "Kos Kids"...but I never knew just how true that nickname was until I decided to read a bit about the author of this diatribe.

Here is the author:



I swear. The photo is from his Flickr page that's linked to his website.

I guess Kos isn't doing background checks...I'm not saying this kid isn't a good writer for being, like what, 12? But is he even old enough to vote?

No comments: