Friday, February 23, 2007

Keeping You in the Loop...

In the weeks to come I may be posting a little less (have I already been?), answering email less (is that possible?), and generally being a bit distracted (will you even notice the difference?)... I am apologizing in advance.

I'm not sure if I've ever talked about it here, but in addition to the bi-weekly newspaper column I write --I've also been working on a children's book. The manuscript has been done for a while, but now I am working (almost constantly) on the illustration. It's finally in the closing stages and am REALLY happy with the (almost) finished result.

Now comes the hard part. Publishing is one of the most nepotistical industries out there. A publisher won't look at your stuff if you don't have an agent, but you can't get an agent without a referral... and so on. I am sure this stems from the fact that everyone and their best friend thinks they're going to be the next Maurice Sendak...

I digress. I just wanted you all to kknow that I am completely engrossed with this project. It's been my baby for quite a while and (unlike the blog) it's going to be really hard not to be crushed when the inevitable rejections start rolling in --that is if I can even get far enough to warrant rejections...

No comments: