Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Adoption Aspirations

Despite the overwhelming lack of encouragement, I have not given up on the idea of foreign adoption. I also just found out there is often a $12,000 adoption tax credit. My father said he'd made the trip with me to Cambodia or Vietnam (right dad?)...

FAQ's:
Why not adopt an American baby?
A few reasons...first being the waiting list is LONG. Second being that American babies are most often put up for adoption because there is something (or many things wrong with them). A friend of mine just went through the adoption process here and turned down approximately 15 babies before she adopted one with "minimal problems".

Why not have a baby of your own?
I hate being pregnant -and considering I haven't gotten pregnant in the 6 years since Mason I am assuming I can't get pregnant.

So, as soon as I find a way to convince The Man that we need a little Vietnamese girl... Look at that face! Could she be cuter?

What is that saying? A son is your son until he finds a wife, but a daughter will be there for the rest of your life... something like that.

No comments: